硬件收藏论坛硬件收藏论坛3dfx › 查看主题

查看

回复
    返回列表

go

Ebay再现传说Quantum3D神器

楼主
    发表于 2011-1-24 12:45 | 只看该作者 | 倒序看帖 | 打印

Quantum3D Mercury AAlchemy Heavy Metal Advanced Graphics Subsystem. Obsidian 2 Quad PCI 3DFX card set in a Heavy Metal Chassis

This is a Quantum3D AAlchemy Heavy Metal Advanced Graphics Subsystem, or at least part of one. It doesn't seem complete, no HDD, software, manuals or top cover are here because I don't have them. This is an Obsidian2 card set in a Heavy Metal chassis.  Hg Mercury, Quantum 3D RealTime 3D graphics sub-system. Fancy.

The Obsidian2 set with mercury Riser Cards and a AAlchemy card on the top connecting them all together.  Four cards plus the four risers plus the AAlchemy module on the top.

I plugged a monitor into the vga connection on the mothrboard. I got this splash screen, then this bios screen.

So here is the POST test and the processors. There are two slot-1 processors. One stick of RAM and room for three more. But this tries to boot up.  It has no hard disk so it complains it's OS is not found. But it seems functional as far as I am able to test it. I don't have any monitor that will plug into the Obsidian2 cards.  There are DB15 connections, a round yellow maybe composite video connection and maybe an S-Video on each one. But I have no cabling, harnesses, software or other items to go with this. There is no HDD installed.

The back, numerous plugs, power supply, etc.

Inside the front cover are several switches, a removable HDD sled at the bottom, that is locked and I don't have the key. Above that a CDROM drive, and a FDD at the top. Those are filters on the left.

The front, viewed from the top. Some cables, numeous fans. 

This is a set of four Quantum3D Obsidian2 cards with mercury Riser Cards and a AAlchemy card on the top connecting them all together.  Four cards plus the four risers plus the AAlchemy module on the top.

Four PCI cards all connected together. Gee whiz.

Each of these cards has 24 Magic Silicon 125 Mhz chips, 12 on each side.

That all said I don't know what this kind of graphics workstation would be used for. Pretty fancy, though.

There are drivers on this German site HERE. I am no expert so I can't say if the drivers are the exact ones needed, you have to know that.  I can't answer any questions about this. 

The chassis has some rack slides on the side but the other half is missing, the part that screws into the rack. Lots missing here. I wish I had the top cover, but I don't.  The drive caddy has some wires hanging out in there. Dunno what's up with that.

Watershed Product in PC-based Full-Scene, Sub-Pixel Anti-Aliasing

Delivers First Gigapixel per Second Performance

Quantum3D(TM) Inc., the leader in PC-based interactive 3D visual computing systems, today announced AAlchemy(TM), a watershed realtime 3D graphics subsystem family for visual simulation and training applications. AAlchemy will offer the most scalable and advanced PC-based graphics capabilities to date, delivering full-scene, sub-pixel anti-aliasing with greater polygon throughput, a significantly higher fill rate, faster texture download, and improved image quality. The AAlchemy family, a subsystem of Quantum3D's Heavy Metal(TM) GX+ visual computing system, represents the third generation of Quantum3D's unique anti-aliasing technology. It couples Quantum3D's proven, patent-pending products with new architecture founded on upcoming graphics technology from 3dfx(R). AAlchemy will be launched at I/ITSEC, and can be ordered now via the Quantum3D Mercury(TM) Rising Program.

First PC-based Gigapixel Per Second Performance

AAlchemy will deliver scalable texture fill rates from 140 megapixels per second to greater than one gigapixel per second, depending on system configuration. AAlchemy features enhanced triangle and texture paging throughput to deliver industry-leading peak textured triangle rates and texture paging performance, capable of supporting 1280 x 1024 resolution or greater.

以上资料来源以下地址:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Quantum3D-Mercury-AAlchemy-Obsidian2-w-Heavy-Metal-/190492020884?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item2c5a359094

施惠无念,受恩莫忘.

沙发
    发表于 2011-1-24 15:18 | 只看该作者
    真帅。太羡慕了。

板凳
    发表于 2011-1-24 23:12 | 只看该作者
    神器要顶一下!
    收藏3Dfx,Q3D的一切! QQ:1799336

地板
    发表于 2011-1-25 13:40 | 只看该作者

Heavy-Metal 

名字就很威猛

Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9Rank: 9

5#
    发表于 2011-1-25 23:44 | 只看该作者
    神器!价格也很神气~~~
    科技印象非藏网http://www.pcang.com

6#
    发表于 2011-4-28 14:28 | 只看该作者
    上面的一排插针断了几根,弯了几根
    本人收NVIDIA显卡以及Quantum3D和STB品牌的3Dfx卡,尸体除外

硬件风云 |联系我们

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 15:20, Processed in 0.040160 second(s), 8 queries.